Populus Group Recruitment Review from Omaha, Nebraska

1.7

I was hired by Populus Group to start a position on 5/9/16. To date, I have still not started, even after the new boss for the hiring company, PayPal, told me to start on that date and gave me research work to do at home for the first week.

I voluntarily quit my previous job to start, so now I am not eligible for unemployment benefits for 14 weeks to no fault of my own. I call Populus Group daily and they refuse to fix the problem simply stating that I am still set to start but they are awaiting approvals (going on 8 weeks now, freaking ridiculous) and have now started screening my calls and refuse to talk to me completely. Even my new boss and the Director who sought me out and hired me for the position refuses to talk to me -- it's like they've all washed their hands of the situation.

I am now out $1600 of pay for the one week I did work so I've filed a wage complaint with the NE Dept of Labor, but I've never seen things handled so poorly. We are now behind on our bills and have had to borrow money from family to get by, which is not what we wanted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Populus Group Recruitment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 24, 2016.

Comments

Flowood, Mississippi, United States #1177604

I have never heard of this company... how did you become hooked up with them?